1. PREHEAT a lightly greased waffle iron.
2. COMBINE the flour, oats, nuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. MIX the eggs, milk, butter and brown sugar in small mixing bowl. Add this to the flour mixture, stirring until blended.
4. POUR the batter onto the preheated waffle iron. The waffle iron needs to be hot enough to make a cold drop of water “dance.” When it’s hot enough, add the batter. Close the lid quickly, and do not open during baking.
TIP: Cooking time varies by waffle iron, setting chosen, if the iron surface is coated (e.g. with Teflon), how much moisture is in the waffle batter, etc. You will need to experiment with your waffle iron. Look for steam escaping from the sides. When the steam stops, the waffles should be finished.
5. REMOVE the finished waffles with a fork. Top with syrup or fresh fruit and/or yogurt.
HOW MANY TYPES OF WAFFLES HAVE YOU HAD?
Check them all out in our Waffles Glossary.
Also check out our Pancake & Waffle Glossary, along with the history of waffles.