With St. Patrick’s Day ten days ahead, we begin a series of festive recipes.
This recipe from Pampered Chef is both fun and tasty: Brussels sprouts, cooked in bacon drippings, topped with bacon jam (photo #1).
You can serve it as an appetizer, a side, or a beer/wine snack.
Use any leftover bacon jam with crackers or brie (baked brie or on a cheese plate)—or on toast.
Ingredients For 30 Pieces
1. COOK the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Drain the grease from the skillet, reserving 1½ tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
2. ADD 1 tablespoon of drippings back into skillet. Add the onions, garlic and thyme. Cook over medium-low heat 2-3 minutes, or until the onions are tender.
3. CRUMBLE the bacon into a small mixing bowl and add the onion mixture, preserves and vinegar. Mix well.
4. HEAT the remaining drippings in the skillet. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 8-9 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Turn the sprouts halfway through.
5. ARRANGE the Brussels sprouts cut-side up on a serving plate or board. Top with bacon jam.
Comments are closed.