Just in time for July 4th menu planning, we received this recipe Chef Tom Fraker of Melissa’s Produce.
While the broad concept of “cheesecake” is not an American invention, the modern cream cheese cheesecake is. Cream cheese was invented in New York State in 1872.
So: this cheesecake is an all-American dessert.
(Here’s a more elaborate history of cheesecake).
We can’t think of anything we like better than cheesecake. And it even tastes great frozen! Don’t believe us? Make a Cheesecake Hot Fudge Sundae with a base of frozen cheesecake. Ice cream is optional.Beyo
Beyond July 4th, there are more than 30 cheesecake recipes below, including other holidays and savory cheesecakes.
> July 30th is National Cheesecake Day.
RECIPE: JULY 4TH CHEESECAKE
Prep time is 12-14 minutes, bake time is 65-75 minutes.
1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
4 eight-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 vanilla beans
6 ounces fresh blueberries (1/2 pint)
9-10 strawberries, stems removed, halved
1½ ripe bananas, sliced
For The Garnish
 We’re celebrating July 4th with this red, white and blue cheesecake (photo © Melissa’s Produce).
 Get festive with sparklers (photo © Driscoll’s).
1. PREHEAT the oven to 325°F. Make the crust: In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons of sugar and the melted butter. Press the mixture into a tart or pie pan.
2. ADD the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract to the bowl of a standing mixer.
3. SPLIT the vanilla beans in half lengthwise, and scrape the pulp into the bowl. Blend until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing them to completely incorporate before adding the next egg.
4. POUR the mixture into the tart tin and smooth the top. Bake in the oven for 60-75 minutes, or until completely set.
5. REMOVE the cheesecake from the oven, let cool, and then chill for at least 4 hours.
6. GARNISH: Run a row of the blueberries around the outside edge and then fill the center with alternating rows of the strawberries and bananas.
Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake
Brownie Caramel Cheesecake
Burnt Caramel Cheesecake Brûlée
Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
Chocolate Cheesecake With Oreo Crust
Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Cranberry Cheesecake With Cranberry Topping & Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
Cranberry Cheesecake With Whiskey Buttercream Sauce
Dulce De Leche Cheesecake
Easy Blueberry Cheesecake Topping
Grand Marnier Mascarpone Cheesecake
Joan Hochman’s Sour Cream Topping Cheesecake
Individual Cheesecakes With Fresh Orange Or Grapefruit
Karen Harper’s Grand Marnier Mascarpone Cheesecake
Michael Chiarello’s mMascarpone cheesecake
Milk Chocolate Cheesecake
Peaches & Cream Cheesecake
Piña Colada Cheesecakes
Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake With An Almond Crust
Red Velvet Cheesecake
MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES
Individual Eggnog Cheesecakes
Irish Coffee Cheesecake
Irish Cream Liqueur Cheesecake
Mini Eggnog Cheesecake Bites
Mocha Pumpkin Cheesecake
Pumpkin Mousse Cheesecake With Gingersnap Crust
Red, White & Blue Cheesecake
Robin’s Egg Cheesecake For Easter
Spiced Eggnog Cheesecake
HOLIDAY & SPECIAL-OCCASION CHEESECAKES
These are wonderful as an appetizer/first course.
Blue Cheese Cheesecake Recipe
Cool & Creamy Tuna Cheesecake Recipe
Garlic-Herb Cheesecake With Boursin
Grand Cru Gruyère & Lobster Cheesecake Recipe
Nacho Cheesecake Recipe
No Bake Savory Basil Cheesecake Recipe
Provolone & Corn Cheesecake Recipe
No Bake Frozen Pineapple Cheesecake
Strawberry Cheesecake Pops