July 31st is National Raspberry Cake Day: time to get out the cake pans and make a selection.
With these yummy recipes, the choice isn’t easy! We’re starting off with a No-Bake Raspberry White Chocolate Cheesecake, but there are more raspberry cake recipes below.
> The history of raspberries.
These recipe is from Driscoll’s, which supplied most of the recipes above to show off their delectable raspberries.
It uses an almond flour crust, which is wonderful and happens to be gluten-free. However, if you don’t want nut flour, use your favorite cheesecake crust.
Prep time is 40 minutes plus 6 or more hours of chilling time.
Ingredients For 16 Serving)
For The Filling
1. MAKE the crust: Combine the almond flour, sugar, cocoa, and melted butter in a bowl until evenly blended. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and refrigerate.
2. PLACE the chocolate in a double boiler or a metal bowl set over a saucepot of simmering water to melt chocolate. Stir constantly and be careful not to let any water or steam get into the chocolate. Set aside and let cool as you complete the next steps.
3. COMBINE the cold water and gelatin in a small saucepan and heat over low, stirring just until gelatin is dissolved.
4. BEAT the cream cheese, sugar, and dissolved gelatin in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium, until evenly blended.
5. CHECK the temperature of both the cream cheese mixture and melted chocolate. They should be at the same temperature to continue. Then, mix a few tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into the melted white chocolate until it looks shiny and smooth. Gradually add the white chocolate mixture to the remaining cream cheese mixture, mixing until blended. Divide the mixture evenly into 2 bowls.
6. BEAT the heavy cream in a separate bowl, to stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream into one of the bowls of the cream cheese mixture.
7. PURÉE 1 package of raspberries in a blender or food processor. Strain (sieve) and discard the seeds; you should have about 1/2 cup purée. Stir the purée into the second bowl of cream cheese mixture, until evenly blended.
8. POUR the whipped cream mixture into the cake pan and spread evenly. Spoon the raspberry mixture on top of the whipped cream mixture and gently spread it evenly. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
9. UNMOLD: Briefly wrap a warm, wet kitchen towel around the pan for a short while before opening the latch. This prevents the cake from sticking to the sides. A hairdryer also works.
Comments are closed.