Do you like grilled salmon?
The next time you grill, how about glazed salmon skewers like these: anchored in pineapple, with a side of cucumber salad?
Created by Ray’s Boathouse in Seattle, you can create this clever idea at home.
You can use your glaze of choice, or the honey-mustard glaze in the recipe for fish or chicken.
RECIPE: GRILLED SALMON SKEWERS WITH HONEY-MUSTARD GLAZE
Thick pineapple slices anchor the skewers, to be consumed at the end of the course.
Ingredients For 4 Servings
(see the marinade recipe below)
1. MAKE the glaze: Combine the brown sugar, honey and butter in a small pan over medium-high heat. Stir to blend. Remove from the heat and whisk in the mustard, soy sauce, olive oil and ginger. Set aside to cool.
2. CUT each side of the fillet from the bone, and insert the skewers (pre-soaked if wood).
3. PREHEAT the grill to medium heat. Brush the salmon with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Coat the flesh of the salmon fillets with the brown sugar mixture.
4. GRILL for 6 to 8 minutes to medium doneness, turning once after 5 to 6 minutes. You can grill the pineapple at the same time, 2-3 minutes per side, on a lightly oiled grate.
RECIPE: GRILLED PINEAPPLE MARINADE
If you want to grill the pineapple, here’s a marinade.
1. PLACE the ingredients in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to coat evenly.
2. MARINATE for at least 30 minutes or overnight. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side on a lightly oiled grill.
Comments are closed.