September is National Potato Month, and our contribution to the festivities is Mashed Potato Pizza.
Our favorite baker, The Baker Chick, made it with leftover mashed potatoes.
She used slow cooker mashed potatoes, but you can make the mash however you like.
For a Thanksgiving Leftovers pizza, you can substitute mashed sweet potatoes and top with your leftover veggies: green peas, squash, etc.
Ingredients For 1 14-Inch Pizza
1. PREHEAT the oven to 500°F and heat the pizza pan or stone along with it for at least 30 minutes.
2. PLACE a sheet of parchment paper on the work surface and place the dough ball in the middle. Using olive oil-coated hands…
3. ROLL and spread the dough until it is thin and shaped. Form a thin crust ridge around the edge. A bit of extra oil can make it easier to spread and actually make thin.
4. SPREAD the mashed potato on top of the shaped dough (but not the edge). Sprinkle the bacon, corn and scallions on top of the potatoes and then top with the cheese.
5. USE a cutting board or pizza peel to help transfer the pizza to the hot stone. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Turn it into a festive lunch with a green salad and a glass of cider.
Comments are closed.