A patriotic dessert doesn’t have to be red, white and blue. And a cookie doesn’t have to be baked.
This recipe from McCormick makes chocolate chip cookie dough stars.
Since there’s no oven and no knives, you can delegate the task to a fledgling cook. Prep time is 20 minutes.
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH STARS
Ingredients For 24 Cookies
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup butter, softened
1-1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1. PREPARE a 15 x 10 x 1-inch shallow baking pan by lining with foil. With an electric mixer…
2. BEAT the cream cheese and butter in a large bowl at medium speed, until light and fluffy. Add the sugars, vanilla and salt; mix until blended and smooth. Stir in the vanilla wafer crumbs and chocolate chips.
3. PRESS the cookie dough firmly into the pan, in an even layer. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
4. FLIP the cookie dough onto a cutting board and remove the foil. Cut into star shapes with 2-inch star-shaped cookie cutter.
5. PRESS the cookie dough scraps back into pan, refreezing it if too soft, to cut out more stars. (If you eat them, we won’t blame you: We’ll join you. You can eat them with impunity since there is no raw egg).
IF YOU WANT SOMETHING SWEET IN RED, WHITE & BLUE…
HERE ARE MORE DESSERT RECIPES
Cakes & Cupcakes
Triple Berry Biscuit Shortcake (recipe)
Red, White & Blue Cheesecake (recipe)
Red, White & Blue Cupcakes (recipe)
Red Velvet, White & Blue Cupcakes (recipe)
Red, White & Blue Frosted Layer Cake (recipe 1)
Red, White & Blue Grilled Angel Food Cake (recipe)
Red, White & Blue Layer Cake (recipe 2)
Red White & Blue Layer Cake (recipe 3_
Red, White & Blue Shortcake (recipe)
American Flag Cookies (recipe)
Oreo Cookie Balls (recipe)
Red, White & Blue Whoopie Pies (recipe)
Cookies & Bars
American Flag Brownie Ice Cream Cake (recipe)
Red, White & Blue Parfaits (recipe)
Strawberry & Blueberry Parfait (recipe)
American Flag Pie (recipe)
Blueberry Cherry Pie With Stars & Stripes Top (recipe)
Red, White & Blue Tartlets (recipe)
Pies & Tarts
MORE PATRIOTIC FOOD
For some red, white and blue recipes for other meals, head here.
 No-bake cookie dough stars from McCormick.
 A frozen patriotic pie from QVC (recipe).
 Make a custard or cream pie with a berry top (photo courtesy American Pie Council).
 A flag layer cake from Good Eggs, in the trendy naked cake style (no icing on the sides).
 The easiest red, white and blue dessert: pound cake, whipped cream and berries (photo courtesy Knudsen Dairy).