At every party and dinner, we have a basket of crudités as a better-for- you option and for those with dietary constraints. For Mother’s Day, we’re adding some flower power with this Bouquet Of Crudités from Hidden Valley,
Hidden Valley serves them with their Original Ranch Dressing; we’re making a nonfat yogurt dip.
RECIPE #1: BOUQUET OF CRUDITÉS
Prep time is 15 minutes.
Ingredients For 6 Servings
Take an artistic approach to crudités with this vegetable bouquet (photo courtesy Hidden Valley).
1. MAKE the dip (recipe below) and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
2. WASH and seed the peppers. Cut jagged edges into the tops.
3. STICK the snap peas on the skewers to create the leaves. Insert the skewers through the bottoms of each pepper and put the tomato in the center as shown. Arrange in a flower pot, vase or on a plate.
This recipe can be served as a dip with crudités, pretzels and other snacks, or as a topping/sauce for grilled fish, meat, poultry, even burgers. You can also mix it with boiled potatoes, macaroni or shredded cabbage for a fat-free potato salad, macaroni salad or cole slaw.
Or sweeten it and use it as a fruit dip.
The recipe makes a small bowl of dip, or 4 sauce servings for a main course. You can use your creativity to mix and match the seasonings to your main.
1. BLEND the yogurt, garlic, lime juice and ginger in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
1. REPLACE the garlic with one teaspoon agave, honey or sweetener of choice. (Only lightly sweeten the dip: You want to appreciate the sweetness of the fruit, not overwhelm it.)
2. REPLACE the herb with grated lime zest or other citrus zest (lemon, grapefruit).
Comments are closed.