We’re so glad that B and S are in the kitchen! Brother (B) and sister (S) Bob and Carlene Deutscher of Saskatchewan are authors of the food blog BsInTheKitchen.com.
They’ve inspired us to whip up some mac & cheese—to turn into a special grilled cheese sandwich for National Grilled Cheese Month.
RECIPE: MAC & CHEESE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
Prep time is 15 minutes, cook time is 10 minutes.
Ingredients Per Sandwich
1. GRILL the bacon or heat the pulled pork.
Sandwich mashup: Grilled Cheese with Mac & Cheese. Bacon optional. Photo © Bs In The Kitchen.
2. MELT some butter in a skillet over medium heat. While the pan is heating/butter is melting…
3. MIX the macaroni & cheese, 2 tablespoons of panko crumbs, a couple pinches of cheese in a bowl, with salt and pepper to taste. Form into patties and place in heated pan.
4. BUTTER the outside of each slice, place the panko on a plate and press the buttered side of each slice into the panko to crust the sandwich.
5. PLACE about half of the cheese onto the bottom slice. Once the patties are cooked, add them on top of cheese, then top with more cheese. Add the other slice of bread and fry until golden brown on each side.
Comments are closed.