September is National Breakfast Month, and Krusteaz, makers of quality pancake, waffle and baking mixes, reminds us that breakfast food is not just for breakfast.
It’s also for dinner. According to a recent Krusteaz survey, having breakfast food for dinner, or “brinner,” is a growing trend.
A whopping 91% of Americans say they have eaten breakfast foods for dinner—and we count ourselves among them.
Brinner isn’t quite the same as brunch, a late morning or early afternoon meal that looks forward to dinner later in the day.
Krusteaz suggests pancakes as part of your brinner.
You can use a gluten-free mix; you can substitute chicken for ham; you can add your own special touches.
We added some dried cherries and cranberries, and next time will toss in a cup of grated Gruyère.
Prep time is 15 minutes, total time is 1 hour 10 minutes.
Ingredients For 8-9 Servings
1. PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
2. PLACE the pancake pieces, apples and ham in the pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half and maple syrup; pour over the apple, ham and pancake mixture.
If you like PB&J sandwiches, this is a recipe for you! Prep time is 10 minutes, total time is 15 minutes. The PB adds protein to the dish. Enjoy it with a tall glass of milk.
Ingredients For 7-8 Pancakes
1. PREPARE buttermilk pancakes as directed on package, adding 3 tablespoons peanut butter for each cup of mix used.
2. POUR pancake batter on griddle; add 1 tablespoon of jam per pancake and swirl with a spoon. Cook as directed. Immediately upon removing pancakes from griddle, swirl additional jam on top.
3. GARNISH as desired and serve.
Krusteaz wants you to make perfect pancakes. Their tips:
Comments are closed.