May 24, 2011 at 7:45 am
· Filed under Recipes, Tip Of The Day, Vegetables-Salads-Herbs
We thank Whole Foods Market for providing the inspiration to make olive vinaigrette, a sauce for grilled vegetables, poultry, seafood and tofu.
Much as we enjoy olives, we’d never thought of adding them to oil and vinegar to create a rich dressing.
If you’re firing up the grill for Memorial Day, try this recipe:
1/2 cup pitted Kalamata or other black olives
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
4 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 box cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
Serve olive vinagrette with grilled
vegetables, poultry and seafood. Photo
courtesy Whole Foods Market.
1. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine olives, vinegar, pepper, water, 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Blend until smooth and set aside.
3. Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice, garlic, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill until well marked and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
4. Layer zucchini on a platter, drizzling each layer with some vinaigrette and sprinkling with some tomato. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.
To use the olive vinaigrette as a salad dressing, dilute it with more oil and vinegar, to taste.
Find more of our favorite vegetable recipes.
Please follow and like us:
Comments are closed.