For Thanksgiving weekend, how about some apricot pumpkin bread, delicious for breakfast, brunch, snacks and tea sandwiches. This recipe is courtesy of B & R Farms, apricot growers who sell their delicious products at California farmers markets and to wholesalers. For more recipes, visit BRFarms.com.
RECIPE: APRICOT PUMPKIN BREAD
B & R Farms apricots drying in the California sun (photo by Shannon Grissom, courtesy B & R Farms.
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
2. BEAT together egg, sugar, pumpkin, oil and orange juice in large bowl. In another bowl…
3. MIX the flour with the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and ginger. Add to the egg mixture.
4. STIR in the nuts and dried apricots. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for about an, hour until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. COOL fir 15 minutes, release from the pan and serve warm with butter, cream cheese or apricot preserves. Cream cheese and apricot preserves makes a great sandwich! Serve it with a cup of black tea; Earl Grey or Assam would be especially nice.)
Comments are closed.