Dolce Habanero Cheese, Sweet & Spicy, From Mozzarella Company
There are sweet cheeses, accented with fruit. There are spicy cheeses, blended with chiles. And then there’s Dolce Habanero cheese, Mozzarella Company’s artisan cheese that combines both (photo #1).
Dolce Habanero blends sweet dried apricots and firey habanero chiles into a semisoft cow’s milk cheese, perfect for snacking or cooking.
For a cheese plate or a dessert cheese, Dolce Habanero delivers a creamy sensation, then a pleasant sweetness, and finally, exciting fire!
You can melt it into mac and cheese or risotto, onto a grilled cheese sandwich, and in the breading for baked chicken or fish.
> Head to Mozzarella Company to buy Dolce Habanero online, and find retailers that sell it.
> You can also buy two wonderful cheese cookbooks by the company’s founder, Paula Lambert (photos #3 and #4).
1. COMBINE the bread crumbs, Dolce Habanero, thyme, and lemon zest on a plate or wax paper and set aside.
2. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F and lightly oil a baking pan large enough to hold the chicken in one layer.
3. WASH and clean the chicken. Pat dry with paper towels. Season the breasts well with salt and pepper.
4. PLACE the flour on a plate or waxed paper and place the beaten eggs in a shallow bowl. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip the chicken in the egg, and next into the bread crumb mixture. Be sure to evenly coat the chicken at each step.
5. PLACE the breasts on the pan. Divide any remaining crumbs equally among the breasts, patting them onto the surface. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
6. REMOVE and drizzle or brush the olive oil onto the bread-crumb crust. Return to the oven and cook for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the breasts are golden brown.
7. REMOVE from the oven and allow the breasts to rest for a few minutes To serve, place on a serving platter and garnish with thyme sprigs and lemon slices.