Popcorn Caramel Apples Recipe & More Candy Apple Recipes
October is Halloween. National Candy Apple Day and National Caramel Apple Day are on October 31st (Halloween). And October is National Popcorn Poppin’ Month. So we tied them all together with this recipe for Popcorn Caramel Apples, plus more caramel and candy apple recipes.
So how about it? Are you ready to melt?
> There are more caramel and candy apple recipes below.
Think about hosting a caramel apple party.
> Here’s the history of candy apples and caramel apples.
> How about the history of caramel?
Adding a cloak of popcorn makes a caramel apple slightly less guilt-free. After all, popcorn is a whole-grain snack.
As an alternative to biting into the apple-on-a-stick, you can present the apples at the table and then cut them into quarters for eating.
1. PLACE the popcorn in a large bowl; set aside. Place a sheet of waxed paper on a work surface.
2. HEAT the caramels and cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until the caramels are melted and the cream is blended into the caramels.
3. PUSH a stick into the center of an apple and dip it into the caramel. Spoon the caramel over the apple to coat it.
4. PLACE the caramel-coated apple into the bowl of popcorn and press the popcorn onto the caramel to cover. Place the apple on wax paper to set. Repeat with the remaining apples.
5. PLACE the chocolate chips in a small, resealable plastic bag. Microwave for 10 seconds and press on the chips to aid in melting. Repeat, heating at 10-second intervals, until the chips are completely melted.
6. CUT a small corner off the bag and squeeze the chocolate onto each apple, allowing the chocolate to drip down the sides. Sprinkle with the sprinkles or confetti.