When the grill is fired up, make cinnamon rolls with this recipe from Davidson’s Safest Choice Pasteurized Eggs.
RECIPE: GRILLED CINNAMON ROLLS
Ingredients For 15 Rolls
Prep time is 20 minutes, total time including rising is 1 hour.
For The Rolls
1. MAKE the dough. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the milk and heat until the mixture reaches 110°F. While the mixture is warming…
2. COMBINE the yeast and honey in a bowl. Stir in the milk mixture, then add the egg and salt. Combine thoroughly, then fold in 2-1/2 cups of the flour. Add the remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until the dough comes together (it will still be sticky).
3. FLOUR your hands and the work surface. Knead the dough about 5 minutes, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 20-25 minutes. While the dough rises, make the filling: Combine the ingredients and set aside.
4. ROLL out the dough into an 8×13-inch rectangle. Top with the filling and spread into an even layer. Carefully roll the dough into a tight tube shape and cut the individual cinnamon rolls with a string (or dental floss), about one inch thick. Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes.
5. GREASE the grill grate and place a row of cinnamon rolls on the grill for 5 minutes. Flip and grill another 2 minutes. Remove from the grill. As the rolls cool down to slightly warm…
6. COMBINE the glaze ingredients and drizzle generously over the rolls. Serve.
Check out the different types of cinnamon.
Comments are closed.