While there is trend to pull-apart cupcake wreath cakes, we decided to try a traditional one.
RECIPE: CRANBERRY BUTTERMILK UPSIDE DOWN WREATH CAKE
Prep time is 15 minutes, bake time is 50 minutes.
Ingredients For 10 Servings
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F. Spray or grease a 10-inch ring pan thoroughly‡.
2. COMBINE the half stick of butter, 3/4 cup white sugar, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of vanilla in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the butter has melted; then add the cranberries, tossing until they are coated in the butter mixture. Pour into the bottom of the cake pan and set aside.
3. CREAM together the 6 tablespoons of butter with the remaining ½ cup of white sugar and the brown sugar in a large mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the eggs, one at a time, the rest of the vanilla and the buttermilk.
4. WHISK together the dry ingredients and slowly add to the butter mixture, mixing on low speed until well combined. Pour/scoop the batter over the cranberry mixture and use the back of a spoon to smooth as needed.
5. BAKE for 35-50 minutes, depending on your oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. MAKE the frosted grapes. Garnish before serving.
†Fresh evergreen can impart strong sap or needles.
‡There is not enough batter to fully fill out a bundt pan.
Comments are closed.