July 2, 2015 at 7:54 am
· Filed under Desserts, Ice Cream-Sorbet-Yogurt, July 4th/Independence Day, Recipes
Here’s the easiest July 4th dessert recipe: vanilla ice cream with blueberries and raspberries.
Sure, you can find vanilla ice cream with blueberry and raspberry swirls and just scoop them into dishes. But with a recipe, the cook combines ingredients.
To make the easiest red, white and blue dessert, you need:
Vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Optional: whipped cream
You can substitute blackberries or strawberries, but blueberries and raspberries are a better size. If your market is sold out of fresh berries, head to the frozen foods case.
The easiest red, white and blue dessert recipe. Photo courtesy Talenti Gelato.
If you don’t want to scoop and serve individual dishes, place the ice cream in a serving bowl.
Scooping takes time, so just peel away the carton and plop the entire square or round contents into the bowl.
You can slice the bulk ice cream into halves or thirds to better fill out the bowl, and use whipped cream to fill empty spaces if you don’t like them.
Top with the berries and whipped cream, and let guests help themselves.
Another easy red, white & blue dessert. Photo courtesy Amanda Rettke.
RECIPE: EASY VERY BERRY TRIFLE
When you want to impress friends and family with a dessert that takes just minutes of prep, this is the one to prepare.
Fresh berries are layered with mounds of whipped cream and angel food cake for a dessert that is be prepared ahead of time. It was created by Amanda Rettke from IAMBaker.net for McCormick, who used McCormick extracts in the recipe.
The whipped cream—a special concoction of heavy cream, sour cream and orange extract—is a star. Once you taste it, you’ll want to use it on everything!
Prep time is 25 minutes.
Ingredients For 12 servings
2 cups halved or sliced strawberries
2 cups blueberries
1 cup raspberries
3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar, divided
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure orange extract
1/4 cup sour cream
4 cups angel food cake cubes
1. TOSS the berries, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla in large bowl. Set aside.
2. BEAT the cream, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla and orange extract in large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently stir in the sour cream.
3. LAYER 2 cups angel food cake cubes, and 1/2 each of the berry mixture and whipped cream mixture in 2-quart glass serving bowl. Repeat the layers.
4. COVER and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Garnish with additional berries, if desired.
Please follow and like us:
Comments are closed.