THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Bacon, blue cheese, figs and…Fig Newtons!
Photo courtesy Litehouse Foods.
Here’s what we’re making this weekend to go with Olive Oil Martinis: Figgy Blue Cheese Bacon Bites.
The recipe was developed by Jennifer Fisher for Litehouse Foods. You can see the whole photo spread here.
These appetizers are simple to make from just four ingredients that you can easily keep on hand. Says Jennifer, “An insanely delicious bacon aroma wafts through the house to alert everyone that good things are about to happen!”
Prep and cooking time is 35 minutes.
RECIPE: FIGGY BLUE CHEESE BACON BITES
Ingredients For 12 Servings
6 strips of hardwood-smoked thickly sliced maple bacon
12 fig cookies (like Fig Newtons)
4 ounces blue cheese
6 dried Turkish brown figs
1. PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
2. CUT bacon in half crosswise so that the 6 strips become 12 shorter strips.
3. CUT blue cheese into 12 approximate ½ teaspoon chunks.
4. SLICE dried figs in half lengthwise.
5. ASSEMBLE: Top one fig cookie with blue cheese. Top blue cheese with fig, cut side down. Wrap with bacon, using a toothpick to secure.
6. PLACE on the prepared baking sheet. If you have a rack or crisper sheet, set this on top of baking sheet for more even cooking. Place Figgy Blue Cheese Bacon Bites on the sheet and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until bacon is crisped and cheese is bubbling.
Ready to go into the oven. Photo courtesy Litehouse Foods.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2020 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.