RECIPE: Marinated Anchovies
Marinated fresh anchovies. Photo courtesy
Flavor Your Life.
This one‘s for sushi, sashimi and anchovy fans, requires no cooking and is served chilled—great summer fare!
There are many more ways to serve anchovies beyond Caesar salad, canapes and pizza. One of our favorite ways is as a first course or hors d’oeuvre:
This recipe, courtesy of FlavorYourLife.com, serves four. There are other delicious olive oil-based recipes on the website.
MARINATED ANCHOVIES IN OLIVE OIL
1. RINSE the anchovies completely, drain and dry towel.
2. PLACE anchovies on a dinner plate with the inside facing upwards. Make sure that the anchovies do not overlap.
3. ADD a pinch of salt to the anchovies and sprinkle them with lemon juice.
4. SPRINKLE garlic slices over the anchovies.- Cover the dish of anchovies with plastic wrap and let them marinate in the fridge for about 3 or 4 hours. When the anchovies are ready, they should be white. When ready to serve…
5. REMOVE anchovies fron fridge, remove the slices of garlic and add a drizzle of oil, chopped parsley and a sprinkle of black or crushed chili pepper.
6. SERVE on a bed of Boston lettuce with toasted rustic bread and a crisp, minerally white wine like Chablis, Pinot Gris or Pinot Blanc; Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris or Viognier.