TIP OF THE DAY: Balsamic & Vanilla Ice Cream | The Nibble Webzine Of Food Adventures - The Nibble Webzine Of Food AdventuresTIP OF THE DAY: Balsamic & Vanilla Ice Cream | The Nibble Webzine Of Food Adventures
We’ve previously written about how you can make a sophisticated dessert, simply by topping ice cream with a jigger of Scotch.
Today, we’ve got a similar tip for a Balsamic Sundae.
Strawberries drizzled with balsamic vinegar are a classic Italian dessert. Americanize it with some ice cream!
For a truly memorable dessert, all you need are:
* Top-quality vanilla ice cream
* Fresh strawberries
* Aged balsamic vinegar (the better the vinegar, the better the dessert)
Drizzle balsamic vinegar on vanilla ice cream for a taste sensation. Photo and tip courtesy HouseOfBalsamic.com.
1. Scoop ice cream into a dish, rocks glass or goblet.
2. Drizzle with a few drops of quality balsamic vinegar.
3. Top with sliced strawberries.
1. Use a flat plate instead of a bowl or glass.
2. Arrange a handful of fresh strawberries on the plate.
3. Scoop ice cream next to the strawberries.
4. Drizzle with balsamic and serve.