TIP OF THE DAY: Ice Cream Cone Tips
A marshmallow in the tip means no drip.
|To keep an ice cream cone from dripping, stuff a miniature marshmallow or two into the bottom of the cone. It will plug up the tip so that ice cream doesn’t drip through.
Want to make fancy dipped ice cream cones, like the ones sold at ice cream shops?
DIPPED ICE CREAM CONE RECIPE
1. Set out 8 glasses to hold the cones until they set. Place decorations on a small plate (you’ll be dipping the cone into them).
2. Add chocolate and shortening to a medium bowl or double boiler. Set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth.
3. Remove bowl from water pan. Let chocolate stand until cool enough to work with, about 5 minutes.
4. Dip wide end of ice cream cone into chocolate. Rotate to create a 1/4-inch chocolate rim. Hold cone upside-down until the chocolate is almost set (about 10 seconds).
5. Roll chocolate into the decoration, pressing gently as needed to adhere.
6. Place cone into glass to set.
Makes 8 cones. The cones can be prepared a week in advance; wrap each cone individually with plastic to maintain crispness. If possible, store in an airtight container.
Wrozbita David said,
September 10, 2010 @ 7:21 am