THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
The Nibble Webzine Of Food Adventures
April 2, 2010 at 7:57 am
· Filed under Food Holidays, Jam-Peanut Butter
|Today is National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day. Enjoy a sandwich with a glass of milk, and make some peanut butter & jelly ice cream:
1. Soften a pint of vanilla or chocolate ice cream (or frozen yogurt) and put the ice cream in a mixing bowl.
2. Add 4 tablespoons PB (creamy or crunchy) and mix well.
3. Add an optional swirl of strawberry or raspberry jam or preserves.
4. Return to the pint and return to freezer to let harden for an hour; or enjoy it immediately as “soft serve.”
- To serve as a dessert, top with chopped honey-roasted peanuts or a dab of preserves; or use strawberry sauce or preserves to create a parfait.
- If you don’t want to make an entire pint, mix 1 tablespoon of PB and 1/2 teaspoon jam into a 1/2 cup of ice cream.
Make PB ice cream in minutes! Photo
courtesy Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board.
- You can make this treat lower calorie/healthier by choosing No Sugar Added or Fat-Free ice cream or frozen yogurt.
Find our favorite peanut butter and jelly products and more recipes in our Jam, Jelly & Nut Butters section.
Please follow and like us:
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2023 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.