THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Related Food Videos:
Try a Pinot Noir with Lamb Vindaloo. Photo
by Michal Szydlowski | SXC.
||Vishal Khosla, owner of Klay Oven in Chicago, has had a lot of time to experiment with wine parings at his Indian restaurant. His tips for what pairs best:
- A dirty martini goes well with appetizers like vegetable samosas or chicken and lamb kabobs with onions and green peppers.
- With Lamb Vindaloo, try a Pinot Noir; it offers a subtly sweet contrast to the spices in the dish.
- Chicken Masala pairs best with Sauvignon Blanc; the wine provides a contrast to the spices in the dish.
- Try a bold Cabernet Sauvignon to add some intensity to chickpea and lentil dishes.
- Hot curries need a wine with a bit of residual sugar. Try Riesling or Gewürztraminer; with milder curries, have an Alsatian Pinot Gris.
See reviews of our favorite Indian specialty foods.
For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection
© Copyright 2005-2016 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.