THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Lush summer tomatoes invite a no-cook tomato sauce that delivers fresh tomato flavor.
Use homegrown or farmers market tomatoes for the most vibrant taste.
This no-cook sauce is also delicious on:
Hot cereals like cream of wheat or rice and grits
It couldn’t be easier or faster to whip up. Thanks to DeLallo for the recipe.
RECIPE: PASTA WITH NO-COOK TOMATO SAUCE
4 large homegrown tomatoes, coarsely chopped
3 cloves fresh garlic
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Handful of fresh basil, torn
1-pound package spaghetti or linguine
1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1 tablespoon sea salt
1. PLACE the chopped tomatoes in a large serving bowl. Using your hands, squeeze and smash the tomatoes to release all of their juices.
2. COMBINE with the olive oil, garlic, basil and salt. Set aside to marinate for up to an hour.
3. COOK the pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
4. IMMEDIATELY ADD the hot pasta to the bowl with the tomatoes. Toss to combine.
5. SERVE topped with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
> CHECK OUT THESE PASTA SAUCE SUBSTITUTES
> THE HISTORY OF TOMATOES
 It takes less than 10 minutes to make this no-cook spaghetti sauce (photo © DeLallo).
 Does this inspire you to grow your own tomatoes (photo © Bonnie Plants)?
Please follow and like us:
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2022 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.