How easy is this for patriotic eating on July 4th (photo #1)
We don’t need a holiday to eat berries: They’re one of our favorite low-calorie, high-nutrition foods.
Berries are high in antioxidants, and chock-full of vitamins and minerals.
Here’s why Healthline calls berries “among the healthiest food on earth.”
1. MAKE the dressing. Whisk the honey, lime juice and lime zest in a small bowl. Stir in the mint; set aside.
2. MAKE the fruit salad. Cut the cheese into 1/2-inch slices, each about 2-inches wide.
3. CUT the slices with a 1-1/2-inch star cookie cutter, using the handle of a small spoon to press and release the cheese from the cutter at the star points.
4. COMBINE the fruit in a large serving bowl. Top with the cheese stars. Chill, covered, if you’re not planning to eat immediately.
5. DRIZZLE with the dressing just before serving; gently toss the fruit salad to coat. Garnish with mint as desired.
If the berries are not as sweet as you’d like, the honey dressing will give them additional sweetness.
If you’ve bought berries that are really disappointing, toss them with a bit of sugar or non-caloric sweetener right after you add them to the serving bowl.
*Unfortunately, pure white cheeses such as feta, goat, mozzarella and queso blanco don’t necessarily slice cleanly with a cookie cutter. They have too much moisture.
Comments are closed.