For your summer cookout menus, how about this tasty Grilled Jalapeño, Corn, and Bacon Idaho® Potato Salad?
Equal parts spicy and sweet, it’s made with Idaho® red potatoes, bacon, jalapeños, corn, onions, sour cream, honey and mayonnaise.
If you can, make it in the morning, or the night before, to let the flavors meld.
Ingredients For 6 Servings
1. PREHEAT the grill to medium high heat (400°- 425° F). Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy. Remove from the skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate to dry. Reserve the grease.
2. PLACE two long pieces of foil in a T shape on a counter. Spread half the potatoes in a single layer in the center of the T. Top with half the corn, jalapeño and red onion. Do the same thing with a second set of foil and the rest of the vegetables.
3. DRIZZLE the vegetables with the reserved bacon grease and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Fold the foil over the vegetables and seal tightly.
4. PLACE the packets on the grill for 10 minutes. Flip, then grill for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the potatoes can be pierced with a fork. Meanwhile…
5. MAKE the dressing. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. REMOVE the potatoes from packets and place them in a large bowl. Crumble the bacon and gently toss the potatoes with the dressing and the crumbled bacon. Garnish with cilantro.
7. SERVE warm, or refrigerate and serve chilled. Before serving, top with additional cilantro if desired.
Comments are closed.