Yesterday we featured a spicy Grilled Pineapple Cocktail, but only the garnish was grilled.
Today, The pineapple is marinated in spices and lilme juice, then grilled to provide this chilled soup with a more complex flavor.
The recipe is by Jim Dygas, president of Urban Accents, using Urban Accents’ Mozambique Peri Peri spice blend. The garnish was added by THE NIBBLE.
Prep time is 15 minutes, cook time is 15 minutes. The gazpacho needs to be refrigerated for at least 2 hours or overnight. The flavor will be better the next day.
RECIPE: PINEAPPLE GAZPACHO
Ingredients For 6 Servings
cored and cut into wedges
1. PREHEAT the grill to med-high heat.
2. COMBINE the lime juice, zest with Mozambique Peri Peri in a large bowl. Add the pineapple, stir and marinate for 15 minutes.
3. GRILL the pineapple on all sides to get light grill marks. Remove from the grill, let cool slightly and cut into small chunks.
4. PURÉE 1 cup of the pineapple chunks in a blender or food processor, along with the pineapple juice and olive oil until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve. While the soup chills…
5. MAKE the garnish. Combine all ingredients. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Comments are closed.