1 handful Food Should Taste Good “The Works” tortilla chips (or substitute, including bagel chips)
1. EQUALLY DIVIDE the salad greens, bacon (1 slice crumbled and 1 slice whole per plate) tomatoes and olives between two plates.
2. POACH the eggs: Fill a medium saucepan 2 inches deep with water and set over medium-high heat. When the water boils, turn the heat down so that the water is just simmering. Crack one egg into a small dish and slide it into the water. Quickly do the same with the second egg. Set the timer for 3-1/2 minutes (if you like a firmer yolk, cook for 4-1/2 minutes). Make sure the water stays at a simmer. When the timer goes off…
3. USE a slotted spoon to scoop one egg out of the water. Tilt the spoon so the liquid drains completely, then place the egg on top of one of the salads. Repeat with the second egg.
4. TOP the eggs with a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of black pepper, then drizzle each salad with dressing (we made a balsamic vinaigrette but some people may prefer a creamy dressing).
RECIPE: ROSEMARY & CHEDDAR BREAKFAST SAUSAGE DIP
Ingredients For 6 Servings
8 ounces breakfast sausage
1/4 cup minced onion
1-1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon maple syrup
3 cups (9 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
2-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Food Should Taste Good Multigrain Chips (or substitute dipper)
1. COOK the sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently and breaking it up into crumbles. When sausage has just a little pink remaining, add the onion and continue cooking until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Using a colander, drain the meat and set it aside.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Amanda Paa | HeartbeetKitchen.com..
2. POUR the milk and maple syrup into a medium sized saucepan and turn the heat to medium. Let the mixture warm until steaming, but not boiling.
3. TOSS together the cheese, cornstarch and rosemary in a bowl. Add this to warm milk and turn the heat up slightly, constantly stirring to melt the cheese evenly.
4. COOK for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and smooth. Stir in the salt and garlic powder, then add the sausage. Mix well and serve immediately.