Make it in 15 minutes! Photo courtesy Brown
June 2 is National Rocky Road Day, a flavor created in 1929 when William Dreyer mixed chocolate ice cream with nuts and marshmallows, the “rocks” in the road. Here’s the history.
Today, have a dish of rocky road ice cream and make some rocky road bark to go with it. Thanks to Brown Eyed Baker for this easy recipe. See more photos and the original article and more photos.
Prep time is 15 minutes, total time 45 minutes.
RECIPE: ROCKY ROAD CHOCOLATE BARK
Ingredients For 1 Pound Of Bark
chocolate (like Lindt), finely chopped
1. LINE a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. MELT the chocolate over a double boiler (or in 30-second intervals in the microwave on 50% power, stirring after each). Once the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and let sit for a few minutes to cool slightly, stirring occasionally. Add the marshmallows and walnuts and stir to combine.
3. SPREAD the chocolate mixture onto the prepared pan in an even layer, covering about a 7×7-inch space. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but that’s a good guideline.
4. REFRIGERATE for at least 30 minutes, or until set.
5. CUT the bark into pieces, using a sharp knife. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Comments are closed.