We spent much of the weekend enjoying limited-edition, seasonal batch flavors from Ciao Bella Gelato: Cranberry Prosecco Sorbet, Montebianco Gelato and Pumpkin Sea Salt Caramel Gelato.
Colorful and delicious by itself, it creates an easy cocktail—apéritif or dessert—when scooped into a glass of Prosecco or other sparkling wine. A great idea for Christmas or New Year’s Eve. It can be made as a mocktail for non-drinkers.
Montebianco Gelato. Montebianco, or Mont Blanc, is a famous European dessert made with puréed, sweetened chestnuts, whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Ciao Bella’s Montebianco Gelato is a luscious chestnut cream with organic dark chocolate chunks and a bit of rum extract. If you’re an ice cream lover who’s dreaming of a white Christmas, this could be it.
Pumpkin Sea Salt Caramel Gelato. What a great way to enhance delicious pumpkin gelato! Made with real pumpkin purée and a hint of cinnamon, the thick swirls of sea salt caramel make it the best pumpkin ice cream you could wish for. While you can still get pumpkin ice cream, pick up a pint.
Make a sparkling cranberry sorbet cocktail (poto © Lognetics | Fotolia).
The flavors are all natural and the milk for the gelato is rBST-free.
RECIPE #1: CRANBERRY PROSECCO SORBET COCKTAIL OR MOCKTAIL
Ingredients Per Drink
1. SOFTEN sorbet at room temperature for 5-7 minutes. Add optional sugar rim to a Champagne glass.
2. PLACE 2 small scoops of sorbet in the bottom of the glass.
3. TOP with Prosecco or soda, garnish and serve.
Enjoy limited edition seasonal flavors while you can (photo © Ciao Bella Gelato).
RECIPE #2: MONTEBIANCO ICE CREAM SANDWICHES
Use Nutella and pizzelles (Italian waffle cookies) to make a most delicious ice cream sandwich.
1. SOFTEN gelato at room temperature for 5 minutes. Lay the bottom pizzelles on a cookie sheet, 2 per sandwich.
2. SPREAD Nutella on the bottom pizzelles and top with 1-2 scoops of Montebianco gelato. Add the top pizzelle and press down slightly to seal.
3. DIP half of the sandwich in the optional melted chocolate.
3. PLACE sandwiches in the freezer to harden until ready to serve.