Peach ice cream. Photo courtesy
It’s National peach Ice Cream Day. Peaches originated in China and have been cultivated since about 1000 B.C.E. Here are more peach facts.
To celebrate the holiday, QVC has sent us chef David Venable’s recipe for homemade, fresh peach ice cream. If you’d like a classic custard-base French ice cream, try this peach ice cream recipe. You’ll also find a delicious peach cobbler recipe—great with the ice cream.
PEACH ICE CREAM RECIPE
1. PURÉE 3 cups of the peaches and 1 can of peach nectar in a food processor until smooth.
2. COMBINE the peach purée with the condensed milk, heavy cream and whole milk in a medium size sauce pan. Place 3 tablespoons of the mixture into a small bowl, and sprinkle the gelatin onto the mixture; set aside.
3. BRING the saucepan mixture to a slight simmer over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
4. POUR 1 cup of the heated mixture into the small bowl (with the gelatin). Stir until gelatin has dissolved.
5. STIR gelatin mixture into the remaining ice cream and refrigerate overnight. Take the remaining peaches and chop them into 1/4″ pieces. Refrigerate until ready to freeze ice cream base.
6. POUR the chilled ice cream base into an ice cream maker and begin to freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. After the ice cream freezes to the point of soft serve, add the chopped peaches and allow the machine to run until peach pieces are distributed throughout. Continue to freeze according to the directions.
Comments are closed.