THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
|Save up calories to enjoy your Valentine chocolate by serving a healthy yet festive entrée. This easy recipe is courtesy of Muir Glen. The company’s excellent canned organic tomatoes add a bright red accent.
One serving has just 160 calories (45 from fat). Serve with a vinaigrette-dressed salad. Use raspberry vinegar and garnish with a few fresh raspberries for a Valentine’s Day touch. Enjoy with a glass of rosé.
Then dig into that chocolate!
TILAPIA TOMATO BASIL FILLETS
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Start to Finish: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 1/2 inch thick (1 lb)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Low-calorie, healthy and festive. Photo
courtesy Muir Glen.
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning (if you don’t have any, just use fresh-ground pepper)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained (use the liquid in another recipe)
- 3 tablespoons shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow dish, combine lemon juice, peel and oil. Dip fillets into lemon mixture, turning to coat. Place in baking dish.
3. Sprinkle basil, salt and lemon pepper over fillets. Spoon tomatoes over fillets. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2021 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.