|Last fall, we tasted the five finalist recipes (out of 1,000 entries) in Chex Party Mix’s annual competition for the best 15-minute microwaved recipe. The 2010 winner has just been announced.
Our favorite of the five, Chex PB and Chocolate Blast, did not grab the gold. But here’s the recipe, made with Reese’s Pieces and white chocolate.
Karen Fisher’s winning Chex Cajun Kick snack mix recipe includes Creole seasoning and hot sauce.
(Future contestants please note: The 2009 winner was Buffalo Chex Mix with hot sauce. The recipe voters seem to like heat.)
You’ve got 15 minutes: Make some Chex mix. It can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
CHEX CAJUN KICK RECIPE
The winning Chex mix recipe adds spice
1. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, pretzels and nuts.
2. In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High, about 40 seconds or until melted.
3. Stir in Creole seasoning and hot sauce. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
4. Microwave uncovered on High 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
5. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
You can start mixing now: It’s nine days to Super Bowl Sunday.
Comments are closed.