THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Pizza for Halloween? Sure, when it’s pumpkin pizza!
Theo Kalogeracos is an Australian pizzeria owner based outside of Perth. He was named 2010 World Champion Pizza Maker at the Las Vegas Pizza Show.
Celebrate all through pumpkin season with his new pumpkin pizza recipe. Serve it with pumpkin ale, one of our seasonal favorites.
SMASHING PUMPKIN PIZZA WITH GOAT CHEESE
¾ cup basic pizza dough, ball rolled and ready
¼ cup mozzarella, grated
2 tablespoons roasted unsalted cashews, crushed
1¼ cups roasted pumpkin, cubed and marinated in one teaspoon of basil pesto
1½ tablespoons white cream sauce (recipe below)
2½ tablespoons fresh goat cheese
4 tablespoons good Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon fresh parsley for garnish, chopped
2 teaspoons cashews for garnish, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons extra Parmesan for garnish, grated
Pumpkin pizza. Photo courtesy Ballantine Books.
1. Preheat the oven to 500°F for 15 minutes.
2. Spread mozzarella evenly over the base.
3. Add crushed cashews and cubes of pumpkin.
4. Drizzle with white cream sauce.
5. Scatter crumbled goat cheese and grated Parmesan evenly over the surface.
6. Cook pizza for seven to 10 minutes at 500°F. Remove from the oven and cut into slices.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley, extra cashews and Parmesan cheese before serving.
WHITE CREAM SAUCE RECIPE
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup unsifted flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cup milk
1. In a heavy saucepan, heat butter until melted. Remove from heat and add flour, salt and pepper, stirring constantly until smooth.
2. Add milk slowly, stirring and return to medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute.
Use extra sauce in soups, on chicken and vegetables.
Find more delicious pizza recipes.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2019 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.