August 9th is National Rice Pudding Day. Here are five ways to raise your rice pudding recipe to fine-restaurant status.
Try all of them to decide what you think makes the best rice pudding recipe. And as a bonus, check out the rice pudding recipes below.
1. Soak the raisins in Armagnac, Grand Marnier, or other favorite liqueur.
2. Think beyond raisins: Create a medley of small dried fruits that includes raisins as well as dried blueberries, cherries, cranberries, currants and sultanas (golden raisins).
3. Try a different rice such as elegant, long-grained basmati and jasmine or short, oval arborio (used for risotto).
4. Use coconut milk with black rice or red rice for a Thai rice pudding.
5. Serve the pudding in a Martini glass or other glam dessert dish.
Cold and creamy, rice pudding is fine hot-weather fare and great year-round comfort food.
You can order great rice pudding online from Rice To Riches.
 If you haven’t made rice pudding lately, try these gourmet twists. If you need a garnish, try a cinnamon stick or some whipped cream.
Comments are closed.