TIP OF THE DAY: Summer Fruit Yogurt Parfait | The Nibble Webzine Of Food Adventures - The Nibble Webzine Of Food AdventuresTIP OF THE DAY: Summer Fruit Yogurt Parfait | The Nibble Webzine Of Food Adventures
Yogurt parfait with summer fruits. Photo
You may be of the habit of enjoying yogurt with fresh strawberries and bananas. They’re great, but they’re also available and tasty year-round.
Celebrate summer by switching to summer fruits: delicious peaches, plums and nectarines from California—available for the next three-to-four months.
You can enjoy this recipe in a bowl or other vessel, but a parfait glass or glass mug makes it look even yummier.
Ingredients Per Serving
• 1 cup fresh California peaches, plums or nectarines, sliced
• 1/2 cup of your favorite low-fat or fat-free yogurt (we like Greek yogurt)
• 1/2 cup granola or 1 ounce coarsely-chopped nuts
1. Place half of the fruit in the bottom of a parfait glass or other dish.
2. Top with half of the yogurt and half of the granola. Repeat.
3. Serve immediately.