THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty Foods
Also visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
Why buy bottled dressing when it’s so easy
to make? Photo by Andi Pantz | IST.
One way to cut calories is to give up heavy bottled dressings—especially creamy ones—and make your own.
This recipe takes two minutes, has layers of flavor and can be made in the blender or with a whisk. Combine:
– ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
– 2 teaspoons minced garlic
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
You can turn this into a Caesar dressing by adding:
– 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
– 1½ teaspoons of minced anchovy fillets
– 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce.
dressing recipes, plus our favorite oils and vinegars.
Check out our
Olive Oil Glossary and Types Of Vinegar.
Please follow and like us:
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2023 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.