January 15th is National Strawberry Ice Cream Day. You can have a scoop, a sundae or a shake; but you can have even more fun with this recipe from Pillsbury for Strawberry Marshmallow Crisp Ice Cream Sandwiches.
The crunch comes from Rice Chex cereal, which is gluten free. The prep time 15 minutes; the total time including freezing is 2 hours, 25 minutes.
RECIPE: CRUNCHY STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM SANDWICH
Ingredients For 6 Sandwiches
chocolate), coarsely crushed
An ice cream sandwich with a crunch. Photo courtesy Pillsbury.
1. LINE the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper.
2. HEAT 4 cups of the marshmallows, the butter and salt in a 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Stir constantly for about 8 minutes, until melted.
3. STIR in cereal until almost coated; stir in the remaining cup of marshmallows. Using a greased rubber spatula, evenly scrape mixture into pan and spread evenly. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
4. TURN pan upside down to remove cereal layer; discard parchment paper. Cut into 12 rectangles, 4 x 3 inches each. Working quickly, spread 1/2 cup of the ice cream onto 1 rectangle; top with another rectangle. Repeat to use up rectangles and ice cream. Freeze on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet at least 1 1/2 hours until firm.
5. WRAP sandwiches individually in plastic wrap and store in freezer.
Comments are closed.