After you’ve removed the kernels from corn-on-the-cob for a recipe, don’t throw away those corn cobs: make corn stock. It couldn’t be easier, and the stock is delicious.
CORN STOCK RECIPE
1. Place the corn cobs in a pot and add enough cold water to cover the cobs by an inch.
2. Bring to a boil over medium to high heat. Cook for 30-45 minutes, or until the liquid tastes like corn.
3. Discard the cobs and strain the liquid. Use the corn stock in place of water or chicken/vegetable broth when making soups or cooking pasta, couscous, even rice. You’ll love the sweet corn flavor it adds to dishes.
Turn your corn cobs into delicious corn
CORN BROTH RECIPE
You can turn the corn cobs into a drinkable broth with a few more minutes of work. You’ll need:
2. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes or until carrots can be pierced with a fork.
3. Serve plain, with noodles or rice, or with chicken, seafood, tofu or other protein (a great use for leftovers).
Related Food Videos: For more food videos, check out The Nibble's Food Video Collection.