Pistachio Butter Cups Recipe–Instead Of Peanut Butter Cups
 Pistachio butter cups (all photos © Setton Farms).
Mardi Gras: done. Next up: St. Patrick’s Day. Start loading up on treats with this pistachio butter cups recipe: a pistachio and chocolate take on peanut butter cups. You can make them in advance and freeze them.
Thanks to Setton Farms for the recipe. They’ve been growing pistachios in the Central Valley of California since 1986. They’re top quality, and we’re a big fan of their:
> THe history of peanut butter cups.
In addition to the ingredients, you’ll need mini baking liners and a baking sheet or mini muffin tin,
1. MELT the chocolate with the coconut oil.
2. PLACE the mini baking liners on the baking sheet/mini muffin tin. Add 1/2 teaspoon of melted chocolate to the bottom of the liners, making sure the chocolate covers the whole bottom. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
3. CHOP 1/4 cup of the pistachios
4. ADD 1 cup of the remaining pistachios to a food processor and process for 2-3 minutes or until they come together as a soft paste. This is your pistachio butter. You may need to add some water to bring it all together.
5. TAKE the liners out of the freezer. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons of pistachio butter on top of the chocolate and place it in the freezer for 5 minutes.
6. TAKE the liners out of the freezer and pour 1 teaspoon of chocolate on top of the pistachio butter. Sprinkle each cup with the chopped pistachios. Freeze for at least one hour.
7. KEEP the pistachio butter cups in the freezer until you’re ready to serve them. Peel off the liners and let them come to room temperature on the counter. (Or, you may enjoy eating them frozen!)