Raise your hand if you want to celebrate National Dessert Day, October 14th. Today we have something fun for your consideration: a dessert pizza recipe.
There are many dessert pizza recipes, but this one is more unusual. Instead of chocolate and berries, this recipe brings the big, bold yet refined flavors of the Italian Marmalade, rich and creamy Brie, and balsamic glaze, with a garnish of toasted pecans and fresh rosemary.
You can purchase balsamic drizzle, or make your own.
A marmalade tip: In addition to this recipe, here are 30 more uses for marmalade.
here are more dessert pizza recipes, plus dessert pasta, below.
If you’re using ready-made dough, skip to Step 3.
1. COMBINE the flour mix and yeast packet in the pizza dough kit in a large mixing bowl with 1-1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until the dough begins to form.
2. KNEAD by hand for 3 minutes, or until the dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
(After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
3. PREHEAT the oven to 450˚F. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Form a thin pizza by hand on a lightly oiled baking pan or pizza stone.
4. BAKE the pizzas for 6-8 minutes, until the crust edges begin to brown. Remove the pizzas from the oven.
5. DIVIDE the toppings among them. First, spread a layer of marmalade. Next, top with dollops of Brie. Sprinkle with pecans and fresh rosemary.
Comments are closed.