We prefer French toast to pancakes and waffles. The texture and the flavor of good bread, as opposed to the wheatiness of the latter.
For Mother’s Day, we’re making this recipe from DeLallo: Raspberry Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast with Balsamic Glaze.
That’s a mouthful, and so is the three-decker French toast napoleon or sundae.
The triple-decker stuffed French toast is layered with creamy mascarpone and fresh berries, drizzled with a rich balsamic glaze.
Ingredients For 5-6 Servings
1. MAKE the filling. Combine the mascarpone, crushed raspberries, honey and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. MAKE the finishing glaze: Mix mascarpone, half and half, sugar and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
3. MAKE the French Toast: Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Using a paring knife (we used a large serrated knife), cut a pocket into each thick slice of bread. Start on one side of bread and cut 3/4 of the way through. Evenly distribute the filling between slices, carefully filling bread pockets.
4. MELT a spoonful of butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and coat the pan. Dip the filled slices of bread into the egg mixture and place them in the pan. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until brown and crisp. Repeat this process with remaining slices.
5. DUST with confectioner’s sugar, drizzled with the balsamic glaze, and serve immediately.
Comments are closed.