There’s no need to turn on the oven to make these Fright Night Pizzas. The personal-size rounds are pan-fried, then placed under the broiler to melt the cheese.
You can use store-bought dough or make it from scratch with your own recipe.
Here are combinations to make the pizzas in the photos:
1. COMBINE the flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with the lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
2. KNEAD by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate it for use within 1-3 days.) Once the dough has risen…
3. DIVIDE into 8 small equal pieces. Flatten into rounds by hand on a well-floured surface. Gently stretch.
4. HEAT the oven to broil.
5. FRY the dough. Pour enough oil into a deep frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325°F. Once the oil is hot…
6. FRY the dough rounds until they are golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Fry in batches. Remove the cooked rounds with tongs or a slotted spoon. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet or cooling rack.
7. TOP the fried dough with toppings. Optional: Heat under broiler to warm the toppings and melt the cheese.
Then, bite the fright!
Comments are closed.