Give your holiday pies some panache with these snowflake pie crust cutters from Williams-Sonoma.
For a special holiday-themed pie, try this one from the Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen. Prep time is 60 minutes, cook time is 60 minutes.
This recipe makes a deep-dish pie. If you don’t have a deep-dish pie pan, bake the remaining filling in a separate dish, rolling out any dough scraps to make a top crust or decorative cutouts for the second pie. Or, turn the filling into a cranberry crumble or cobbler.
Ingredients For a 9-Inch Pie
1. COMBINE the cranberries, brown sugar, cornstarch, orange juice and zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook until the cranberries soften and release their juice, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and let cool to room temperature.
2. PREHEAT the oven to 375°F (190°C).
 Pie crust cutters add instant panache to holiday pies.
3. FIT 1 dough round into a 9-inch (23-cm) deep-dish pie pan and gently press into the pan. Trim the edges flush with the rim. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Pour the cooled filling into the prepared pie dish.
4. CUT out the top crust, using a snowflake pie crust cutter according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Place the crust on top of the pie, and trim the edges flush with the rim. Crimp the edges to seal. Brush the crust with the egg wash and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
5. PLACE the pie dish on a baking sheet and bake until the crust is golden and the filling has begun to bubble, about 1 hour. Check the pie after 30 minutes and cover the top and edges with foil if they become too dark.
6. TRANSFER the baked pie to a wire rack and let it cool for at least 2 hours before serving. A 9-inch pie should provide 10 slices.
Comments are closed.