February 19th is Chocolate Mint Day. You could grab a York Peppermint Pattie, or you could make this easy pie.
It contains both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candies, plus an Oreo cookie crumb crust.
The active time is 30 minutes, but it takes 6 hours to set in the fridge. So get started!
Note that, like a mousse, this recipe is not cooked. So if you have any health concerns, use Safest Choice pasteurized eggs.
HOLIDAY NOTE: If you make this during the holiday season, you can garnish it with miniature candy canes.
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE MINT PIE
Ingredients For 10 Servings
1. PLACE the cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar in large bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer on low speed. Increase the speed to high and beat until smooth, scraping the bowl as necessary. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. REMOVE a half cup of the cream cheese mixture and set aside.
3. ADD the white chocolate to the sugar and eggs, beating on medium to combine. By hand, fold in the whipped cream. Gently stir in the peppermint and pour into the pie crust. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile…
4. STIR the chocolate chips into reserved 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture. Remove pie from refrigerator. Slowly pour chocolate mixture over pie. Spread to cover pie, or use knife to swirl chocolate. Freeze, covered, until firm.
5. GARNISH as desired and serve.
Comments are closed.