RECIPE: Chocolate Peppermint Pie For National Chocolate Mint Day
February 19th is National Chocolate Mint Day. You could grab a York Peppermint Pattie, or you could make this easy pie.
It contains both white and semi-sweet chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candies, plus an Oreo cookie crumb crust.
The active time is 30 minutes, but it takes 6 hours to set in the fridge. So get started!
Note that, like a mousse, this recipe is not cooked. So if you have any health concerns, use Safest Choice pasteurized eggs.
HOLIDAY NOTE: If you make this during the holiday season, you can garnish it with miniature candy canes.
Ingredients For 10 Servings
 A pie you can call “refreshing” (photo © Safe Eggs.
1. PLACE the cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar in a large bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer at low speed. Increase the speed to high and beat until smooth, scraping the bowl as necessary. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. REMOVE a half cup of the cream cheese mixture and set aside.
3. ADD the white chocolate to the sugar and eggs, beating on medium to combine. By hand, fold in the whipped cream. Gently stir in the peppermint and pour it into the pie crust. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile…
4. STIR the chocolate chips into the reserved 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture. Remove the pie from the refrigerator. Slowly pour the chocolate mixture over the pie. Spread to cover the pie, or use a knife to swirl chocolate. Freeze, covered, until firm.
5. GARNISH as desired and serve.