THE NIBBLE BLOG: Products, Recipes & Trends In Specialty FoodsAlso visit our main website, TheNibble.com.
A Beer Mimosa. Photo courtesy Pom
Can’t decide between beer or cocktails? Make beer cocktails, sometimes called beertails.
We published our first beer cocktail recipe, Almond Ale Spritzer, five years ago. It’s time to revisit the options.
These cocktails were developed by Bohemia Beer, made in a Pilsner style beer. But you can try other styles: Check out our Beer Glossary for the different types of beer.
For those who prefer wine, check out winetails.
RECIPE: BEER MIMOSA
Ingredients For 1 Drink
¾ cup (1/2 bottle) beer, very cold
½ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice, very cold
Orange slice—wedge, wheel, peel curl—for garnish
1. POUR the beer into a wine glass. Top with orange juice and stir gently.
2. GARNISH with the orange slice—or, be creative and make a curl from the peel, as shown in the photo above.
Michelada is a Mexican drink: beer mixed with ingredients similar to Bloody Mary mix. “Chela” is Mexican slang for a cold beer, and michelada is a portmanteau of “mi chela helada,” or my cold beer. Here’s more about the Michelada.
Ingredients For 6 Servings
1 cut lime
2 tablespoons kosher salt or coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
4-½ cups Bloody Maria Mix (recipe below)
3 bottles beer
¾ cup (6 ounces) tequila
Garnish: lime wedges, cherry tomatoes, pickled jalapeño slices
and cubed cheese for garnish
FOR THE MICHELADA MIX
Ingredients For 4½ Cups
1 quart tomato juice
2 green onions (scallions), roughly chopped
1 serrano chile, de-stemmed, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1 whole lime)
Worcestershire sauce to taste
1 teaspoon salt
Beer Bloody Maria. Photo courtesy Pompeian.com | Facebook.
1. MAKE the Bloody Maria mix: Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
2. COMBINE the salt and pepper and spread out on a flat plate. Rub the rims of 6 tall glasses with the cut lime, then twist in the salt and pepper to coat the entire rim.
3. POUR 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of tequila into each glass. Add ¾ cup of beer and ¾ cup of the Bloody Maria mix and mix the drinks well with a spoon.
4. GARNISH: Place a lime wedge on the edge of each glass. Skewer a cherry tomato, cube of cheese and pickled jalapeño slice and place in glass.
Comments are closed.
© Copyright 2005-2020 Lifestyle Direct, Inc. All rights reserved. All images are copyrighted to their respective owners.