Make these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bacon Cookies as a Valentine gift or for Super Bowl viewing. The recipe is from QVC’s chef David Venable.
Personally, we prefer omitting the bacon bits and using only the bacon fat. The result will be a smoky, salty flavor that foodies can’t get enough of.
If you want to soften the bacon flavor, simply Try it both ways and see which you prefer.
RECIPE: CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP BACON COOKIES
Ingredients For 20 Cookies
Chocolate chocolate chip cookies with a hidden surprise: bacon! Photo courtesy QVC.
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. COMBINE the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
3. BEAT the butter, bacon fat and both sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, until light and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and mix until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches and mix well after each addition.
4. ADD in the milk chocolate chips and chopped cooked bacon and mix until evenly distributed.
5. SPOON heaping tablespoons of the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10–12 minutes. Let cool before eating.
Comments are closed.