Just in time for Halloween, we received this recipe from GoBoldWithButter.com. Instead of biting into a hard candy apple, this Candy Apple Cheesecake melts in your mouth.
Plan ahead: You need to make the cheesecake a day in advance. The caramel sauce can be made a week in advance.
Says blogger Bree Hester of Baked Bree, who created the recipe: “Every year I make a ‘Welcome Fall’ dinner that involves roast pork, mashed potatoes, braised red cabbage, and caramel apple cheesecake. It is a stick-to-your-ribs kind of dinner, one we look forward to all year long.
“This recipe might seem a little on the complicated side, but you can make most of the components ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until you need them.
“I guarantee that your guests will be blown away. I know this because I get lots of oohs and ahhs when this baby hits the table.”
See more of Bree’s wonderful recipes at BakedBree.com.
Ingredients For Cheesecake
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F. Butter a 10-inch springform pan. Wrap the pan in aluminum foil.
2. ADD the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and pecans to a food processor, and pulse until well combined. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely.
3. MIX the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch in a food processor or with an electric mixer, until completely smooth. Add the sour cream, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, until everything is incorporated and completely smooth.
4. POUR the filling into the cooled crust. Make a bain-marie: Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan and pour boiled water halfway up the sides. Cover the roasting pan loosely with foil. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes, or until the edges are set and the middle still has some jiggle. Check the pan about halfway through and add more water as needed.
5. TRANSFER the pan to a cooling rack and cool completely. Chill in the refrigerator overnight.
 Fuji apples (photo © The Fruit Company).
Ingredients For The Brandy Caramel Sauce
1. SIMMER the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Keep warm.
2. PLACE the sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; do not stir. Swirl the pan occasionally, until the sugar turns a golden amber color, about 8 to 10 minutes. When the sugar has reached the desired color…
3. SLOWLY WHISK the cream into the mixture until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the brandy, sea salt, and vanilla bean. Pour into an airtight container. The caramel will keep in the fridge for one week. Reheat gently if it hardens.
Ingredients For The Apple Mixture
1. BRING the apple juice, sugar, and vanilla bean to a boil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup.
2. STIR in the butter. Add the apple slices and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the brandy and cook until the sauce reduces in half again. Let cool slightly before adding to cheesecake.
1. UMNOLD the cheesecake from the springform pan.
2. POUR the caramel sauce on top of cheesecake. Top with the apples and serve.