HALLOWEEN: Ghost Cookies
What’s QVC’s David Venable making for Halloween? These ghost shortbread cookies, iced with white chocolate! He shared the recipe with us:
RECIPE: GHOST SHORTBREAD COOKIES
For The Cookies
Chocolate-covered shortbread ghosts. Photo courtesy QVC.
For The Icing
1. PREHEAT the oven to 350°F. Line one (or more) baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. CREAM the butter, sugar, lemon zest, salt and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, on medium speed. Reduce the speed to low, add the flour and mix on low speed until a dough forms.
3. PLACE the dough on a surface dusted with flour and form it into a flat disk. Wrap it in plastic and chill for 25 minutes.
4. RETURN the dough to the lightly floured surface and roll it to a 1/3’’ thickness. Cut with a ghost-shaped cookie cutter. Place the cookies on the baking sheet(s) and bake 18-23 minutes, until the edges are light brown. Set the cookies aside to cool completely.
5. MAKE the icing while the cookies are cooling. Melt 10 ounces of the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler set over warm water. Stir constantly until completely melted. Add the other 2 ounces of white chocolate and stir until melted.
6. SPREAD the chocolate on top of each cookie with a spatula, and place the cookies on a parchment paper-lined surface (you can use a cookie sheet). While the chocolate is still warm, decorate the cookies, as desired, with the black candy.