Happy birthday, Elvis!
While Elvis Presley is not exactly known for being a foodie, we, along with millions of fans worldwide, celebrate his birthday with a few hours of Elvis tunes and his favorite snack food: a fried sandwich filled with peanut butter, sliced bananas and bacon. Here’s the “Elvis Sandwich” recipe.
This year, we’re adding something to the menu courtesy of chef Anthony Zamora of Atrio restaurant, located in the soaring 15-story atrium lobby of the Conrad Hotel in New York City.
While Chef Zamora makes peanut gelato from scratch, you can use peanut or vanilla ice cream (the difference between ice cream and gelato).
Chef Zamora garnishes the sundae with caramelized bananas, peanut brittle, Marshmallow fluff and Nutella. We substituted caramelized (candied) bacon for the Fluff and the Nutella. There’s no reason why you can’t have it all
SALTED PEANUT GELATO RECIPE
Ingredients Per Sundae
|Salted peanut gelato. Photo courtesy Conrad Hotel | New York City.|
1. SPOON caramelized bananas on the bottom of a sundae glass; then scoop peanut gelato on top of bananas.
2. SWIRL Nutella over the gelato; then sprinkle with crushed peanut brittle.
3. PLACE Marshmallow Fluff in pastry bag and pipe in a swirl motion over the top of the sundae.
4. BROWN marshmallow with a kitchen torch and serve immediately.
5. GARNISH with caramelized bacon.
MORE WAYS TO CELEBRATE ELVIS’ BIRTHDAY
Comments are closed.